Things to do in Houston
Aloft Houston Downtown is ideally located just minutes from METRORail stations, making it easy for you to explore the area's best shopping, dining, and entertainment.
Explore our list of the top things to do in Houston below and start planning your next getaway today.
- University of Houston - Founded in 1927 and one of Texas' premier universities.
- Houston Convention Center - Spans 1.2 million square feet and hosts a number of events, conferences, concerts, and more throughout the year.
- Minute Maid Park - Take in a game at the home of the Houston Astros.
- Toyota Center - Home to the NBA's Houston Rockets, the Toyota Center also hosts a variety of concerts, live entertainment, and sporting events.
- Discovery Green - Spend a day in the sun at this public urban park located in the heart of Houston.
- NRG Stadium - Whether rain or shine, you'll be able to catch a game or a rodeo at this stadium featuring a retractable roof.
- Space Center - The official visitor center of the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center allows guests to view space artifacts and hardware.
- Rice University - Visit for a campus tour, graduation weekend, or for the big game.
- Houston Zoo - Home to more than 900 species, the Houston Zoo spans more than 50 acres.
- Houston Aquarium - Perfect for a fun-filled family outing, spend the day exploring a variety of exhibits including the Gulf of Mexico, Rainforest, Shipwreck, Stingray Reef, and more.